Hanyang Cyber University
Helps You Realizing Your Dream.
Leave of Absence
Guide for change of registration status policy
Categories of Temporary Absences
||Absence for Military Enlistment
- Temporary leaves owing to personal affairs
such as sick leave or home affairs
- Duration: One year
- Temporary absence owing to military service
- Duration: Corresponding to the period of military service
- Students on leave of absence can hold their school registration status, but the period of leave of absence will not be calculated as the period of attendance at school.
- Application for a leave of absence is limited up to three times during the period of enrollment.
- Every semester before registration, students can submit the application form for a leave of absence, receive permission from the Dean and be granted the leave of absence.
- However, freshmen are not allowed to be on a leave of absence.
- Acceptable cases for leave of absence regardless of the period
- Cases of sick leave: this is a case when students are not able to attend classes for more than 4 weeks and are able to submit written diagnosis from a hospital.
- Cases of military enlistment: this is a case when students are not able to continue their study because of fulfilling military service; copies of the official documents of military service enrollment need to be submitted.
Grades for the semester of leave
- When students have to leave before they finish three fourths of the registered semester (the number of attendance is below three fourths):
It is considered as if the student did not commence study that particular semester and the tuition will be held and applied to the next semester’s fees.
- When students have to leave after they finish three fourths of the registered semester (the number of attendance is over three fourths):
It is considered that the students complete the semester and the grades will be calculated based on their previous school achievement such as attendance and mid-term etc.