Major Events on Campus
The following is about various on-campus events at Hanyang Cyber University.
HYCU Big Festival
The HYCU Big Festival is a celebration of all departments and is a chance for students, faculty, staff, and alumni to come together for a day in a casual setting. It begins in the afternoon with meals, beverages, and various refreshments provided by the student council of each department. Next is introductions, then a talent show, and finally, a performance by a famous entertainer/group. The festival is a time to unwind and mingle with fellow Hanyangians.
(Blue Lions Cup)
Every year since 2005, the Blue Lions Cup is held in which students from the various departments at HYCU compete in a soccer match. This friendly competition is a way for students to build camaraderie while also having the opportunity to meet others, socialize, and network. Meanwhile, it is also a great way for participants to get in shape and to show their Hanyang Cyber University pride.
HYCU Cultural Tour
HYCU Cultural Tours are short-term travel abroad opportunities that are organized by interested departments. First launched in 2010 and happening every year, these tours provide a chance for students to go overseas to see and learn firsthand about various aspects of what they learn in their majors and/or departments. It is also a great way for students to broaden their cultural understanding of other countries, to practice their communication skills, and to expand their knowledge overall.
Library Use Guide
HYCU students can enjoy access to Hanyang University’s state-of-the-art main library and various facilities and resources inside.
Paiknam Library & Academic Information Center
- Over 10,000 degree theses published by Hanyang University
- 5,000 research articles published by Hanyang University
- 500 specialized articles in domestic journals
- Over 2,000 original texts of e-journals
- About 30 academic CD search services using CD-NET
- 24 kinds of overseas academic CD search services
- Consisting of 3 floors underground and 6 floors above ground, the 1st and 2nd basement floors consist of open reading rooms, while the 1st to 5th floors above ground are individual academic areas consisting of 5 subject information rooms. The 6th floor has an international conference room that is equipped with a simultaneous interpretation system of 4 languages, video conferencing, electronic projection, etc.
ERICA Library & Academic Information Center (Hanyang University ERICA Campus-Ansan)
- Over 700,000 Eastern and Western books
- Operating systems such as academic information system Vintage-LAS, CD-NET, online database, multimedia information search, etc.
- A dedicated server provides thorough information through the ATM network
- Serving as valuable information resource for a wide variety of Hanyangians and the local community
- Serving the university’s patrons and the local community by providing accessibility to a data room and industrial technology information room
- 24 kinds of overseas academic CD search services
Educational Support Program
HYCU offers educational support programs to help students achieve their goals and succeed.
Mentoring ProgramThrough mentoring between senior and junior level students, new freshmen and/or transfer students receive assistance in adjusting to university life in their first semester. The program also helps these new students become more familiar with skills needed as distance learners.
Academic Coaching ProgramThe Academic Coaching Program is designed to provide support to new freshmen and transfer students to help them successful adapt in their first semester. It is similar to the Mentoring program in its goal to give assistance, but differs as students are assigned their own academic coach who provides academic help during the semester.
Hanyang Cyber University supports the launching and maintenance of student organizations.
- DeokSu Eun
HanSaIn (“Hanyang Cyber People”) - for students with or without disabilities
- KyungSoo Park
Welfare Field Trip Study Club
Sharing social welfare information to help students gain the basic skills and qualities needed to be future social workers
- Other (service)
- GiChang Kwon
Students who are interested in automobiles gather to engage in building and maintenance practice
- KwangWook Yeom
Future Welfare Forum
- HyeYoung Goo
Passion and Challenge
- Other (service)
- YeonJin Jang
Studying convergence in combination with the humanities to improve design competency
- HakMin Kim
Small but steady content upload-playing
- MinJeong Kim
HYCU offers counseling and support for students in need.
Issue a certificate
Various certification documents can be issued 24 hours a day from anywhere.
Internet Certificate Issuance SystemVarious certification documents can be issued/obtained 24 hours a day, anytime, anywhere.Applying for Certificate Issuance
Click the button to apply for issuance and then print the certificate for submission on a color printer.
Apply for FAX ComplaintA desired certificate can be issued/obtained by fax. The issuance of a certificate from an administrative agency that accepts and operates a fax complaint handling system, such as local neighborhood (or “dong”) offices.Certificate
(Issued within 3 hours after application)
Apply in-person or by mailVarious certificates can also issued/obtained by visiting HYCU in person or by mail application below.Certificate mail application (domestic and overseas)
In-person application: Issued immediately upon application
Available time for in-person application: Mon~Fri 09:00-18:00
(10am-17pm during vacation)
- Certificate Type
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Certificate of Expected Graduation
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Leave of Absence
- Certificate of Expulsion
- Certificate of Scholarship Benefits
- Grade Confirmation
- Course Confirmation
- Test Period Confirmation
- Certificate of Education Fee Payment
- Tuition Payment Receipt
- How to Issue
- Internet certificate issuance
- FAX complaint
※ Certificates that cannot be issued for fax complaints
- Scholarship beneficiary certificates
- Grade reports
- Class application certificates
- In-person and mail application
- Contact by phone
- ※ Internet printing
- Department in Charge
Academic Affairs Team
- Academic Affairs Team
Learning Support Team
- Learning Support Team
Financial Accounting Team
- Financial Accounting Team
- Issued in Korean/English (No English version for Grade Confirmation, Eertificate of Expulsion, Course Confirmation)
- Issuance fee
- For mail application, contact department
- ※ Certificates can be issued based only on registered status
- ※ For the issuance, all originals are accepted
- ※ Transcripts : Grade confirmation for general
- ※ submission : Percentile score shown for each subject → For submission to credit bank/ Human Resources Development Service, etc.
- ※ Course confirmation : Proof of course details by semester
|Certificate Type||How to Issue||Department in Charge||Remarks|
|Contact by phone||-|
|※ Internet printing||-|
Guide to Internet Printing
- Tuition payment receipt : Log in to HYCU> My Page > My Academic Affairs Management > Click Tuition Payment/Inquiry tab menu in Tuition Payment (Print button is activated after course year/semester is selected)
- Certificate of Education Fee Payment: Log in to HYCU > My Page > My Academic Affairs Management > Click Certificate of Education Fee Payment tab menu in Tuition Payment